Thursday, April 29, 2021

Finnsih Heavy Mortars

 


Here's a Finnish 120mm heavy mortar platoon.This was the last of the infantry support weapon platoons I've been working on. I've also hit my stride using the new snow basing material after experimenting with slight variations on the last few units.

might have to touch up the mortar base plate. Looks like there's a little "super glue frosting"

Snow basing was done with a combination of Woodland Scenics Foam Putty and AK Interactive Snow (AK8011). I'll get into more detail on this updated  method in the future. 

I went for the effect of several feet of snow being removed so the mortar base plate would rest on the frozen ground below. These bases ended up being rather larger. I wish I had more "stuff" like that create to fill the space.

You might have noticed that Battle Front miniature has never produced a 120mm Mortar for the Finns in winter uniforms. The mortars themselves are from the newer plastic Soviet set. The crew are a mixture of leftover artillery, infantry, and gun crew I had left over. 

Better view of the bases



No comments:

Post a Comment