Friday, May 29, 2020

Flames of War: M18 Hellcats

Quarantine has meant many things to many people. One positive I've seen in the modeling community is folks getting to work on shelved projects. In that spirit, I've recently completed a platoon of M18 Hellcats. These have been sitting around for quite awhile waiting to get painted. As they still don't even have rules in Flames of War V4, I found little motivation to get them finished.

Completed Platoon




I decided to NOT use modulation on these. Partially because I was feeling lazy and partially because I wanted to try something new. These were painted in the "classic" style: basecoat, drybrush, wash. I used a lighter color than on the 1/56 scale Hellcat I was working on at the same time. I've learned smaller scales look better with brighter colors.

Comparison of new miniature (left) with older one one I painted (right)
Decals used on these were a combination of Battlefront and I-94 Enterprises. Dirt streaking was down using AK Interactive's Afrika dust effects. I find this one works best on 1/100 scale due to the lighter color.













Platoon leader. "Sir, you should probably get down..."




Another comparison shot


No comments:

Post a Comment