Monday, May 11, 2020

Christmas 2019

Every year I paint up another house for my wife's Christmas village. This is the 5th one. 2019 was little busy with a new job and moving so I didn't finish this until just recently.

This was is the "Beacon Hill House" from California Creations. I base coated in light grey this time (not black).



I did some subtle shading effects on the front porch to make it pop.



The brick surface started as grey. I mixed about 4 or 5 different shades of color and painted in random bricks, leaving the grey color in the recesses. Finally, I lightly sponged on the lightest and darkest of the colors to give the bricks a rough surface.



One problem with these is they are a very chalky plaster. There was excessive damage to the porch on this one. I just tried to paint it up as wood-rot.


No comments:

Post a Comment