Monday, July 16, 2018

Dianas and Schleppers

Completed a few couple more platoons for my DAK force.


This is the first three Diana Tank Hunters.  I'm planning on doing three more and field all six on the table.  (Yes, I know there were only nine in all of Africa...)  I may do the next three in a sort of camo pattern.

Vehicle #3. 
Vehicle #1.  I added a passenger to distinguish this one as the command vehicle for the platoon.



Vehicle #2.  Because these models have such large, flat surfaces, they benefited more than usual from some color modulation and weathering.


My extensive research (first few pages of Google Images search) found no instance of a Lorraine Schlepper in Africa without this green camo pattern.  I used masking putty and an airbrush to achieve it.
After painting so many vehicles in plain desert beige, it was a nice change to do some camo.

This one as a crew member pointing at something.  Must be the leader...
For the crew, I used a mix of the plastic crew that was included in the box and some left-overs from the metal crew I had ordered for my 25 and 9 pdrs.

Here's all my Schleppers together.  The casting on these new ones did not seem especially better than the older ones I used for in 21. panzer force.


No comments:

Post a Comment