Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Christmas Village: The Bank

I've started a Christmas tradition of painting up a new Christmas Village piece for my wife each year.  Since I wasn't home last Christmas I went ahead and did one to celebrate Christmas in July with her this year.


I tried a few more advanced techniques this time.  The stucco-like walls and roof were both painted with an airbrush to achieve a modulation effect.

You can't tell from the pictures, but I also did a gloss coat on the windows.  The colors on the window panes were also blended with the airbrush.


I super-glued a little puff of cotton to simulate smoke from the chimney.  We'll see how well the glue holds long-term; I might have should have used hot glue.

I covered the snow areas with snow by Gale Force Nine.  It ended up not sticking as well as on a miniature base.  Maybe I'll try mixing it in with the glue next time?


Of course, she'll still get another this Christmas.  These little plaster houses are starting to get harder to find!

No comments:

Post a Comment