Friday, June 15, 2018

West Germans are complete (for now)

I've finished all the Team Yankee miniatures I started while deployed.  This brings my painting queue for TY up to COMPLETE for now.

Here's my third Leopard 1 platoon.  I did camo nets on these.  Each platoon has a slightly different camo scheme to tell them apart on the table.  Unfortunately, I have no commander panted for this platoon so the lead vehicle just has an open hatch for now.

Close-up of the detail on that camo netting.

I'll be playing in a TY event this weekend so I finished these just in time!  I'll try to do a write-up on the tournament (if I don't totally embarrass myself there).

I also finished off a platoon of Jaguar 1s.  I though about assembling them with magnets to work as Jaguar 1 or 2s, but that would not have been compatible with my camo netting plans I had for them.  

Close up.  I removed on of the bazooka skirts on this guy.  I also added antenna  and MGs to all three.  The stats say they have an AA MG, but the miniatures don't actually come with one.



Looking into the future, I know I want a M113-mounted mortar platoon and another Marder panzergrenadier platoon.  Now that German tanks can be fielded in platoons of four, I may add another box of the new Battlefront plastic Leopard 1s in there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment