Thursday, May 3, 2018

LW Germans (Winter)

Throwback Thursday.
Back when I decided to attend Wolfkrieg 2014 I ran into a problem immediately.  It would be a themed event eastern front event, but I had only Americans.

Desperate Measured had just been released.  I chose Germans and began assembling a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude.  I managed to get the whole thing down during the winter.
Here's the list I ended up taking to Wolfkrieg 2014.

Luchs and Hetzers.  These were the first units I finished and my first time trying the "hairspray technique" for paint chipping.  I gradually got a little better at it.
Panzer IV Js formed the core of my force.

I added tank riders to one platoon.  This was mostly to make it easy to tell one platoon from another

I liked how these came out.  I placed riders on the hull and turret of four tanks.  This allowed be to swap turrets around with the riderless hull and make from 4 to 8 tanks with riders.
Good 'ole Rudel.

Some cheap artillery.  The tree added to the observer's base made them less likely to be forgotten on the table.  Does that happen to anyone else a lot?
Armored AA platoon.  Just in case.

I decided to replace the hetzer platoon with a king tiger just before Wolfkrieg 2014.
This was more of a test piece for the snow effect.  I used drywall spackle, going for a "spring snow" look.




No comments:

Post a Comment