Sunday, November 8, 2020

2nd Platoon of Finnish Infantry

 

I've recently finished (urge to pun rising...rising!) another platoon of Finnish infantry to go along with the first. I think paint job on these came out a little better. When painting infantry in the past, I think I've relied too heavily on dry brushing and washes. One of my goals with this Finnish force is to up my blending skills. 

Still need to try and keep the edges of the base clean

Tried some vertical sticks for blasted trunks.

Here's my steps for painting the white camo on the infantry:

  1. Base coat with Vallejo USN L. Ghost Grey 74.615 Surface Primer
  2. Bash with 1:1 mix of Nuln Oil and Lahmian Medium
  3. Highlight with Vallejo Sky Grey 70.989 (basically same color as base coat)
  4. Highlight with Vallejo White 70.951
This trunk is supposed to look like just the bottom part of a full tree.
 

Go get 'em boys!
 
I've also further refined the new snow basing technique using foam putty. Tutorial on this will be the next topic. 


 

The Finnish force so far...


No comments:

Post a Comment