Monday, July 13, 2020

Finnish T-28 Platoon

Just completed this platoon of Finnish T-28s.
The finished Finnish platoon. Sorry.
These came to be as part of a trade deal on Facebook. They had been partially assembled and required quite a bit of cleaning up due to the previous owner lavishing superglue and epoxy on them.

This the the inspiration for the camo scheme. There are several other pictures of this particular tank floating around. I took some create liberty in adding the blue stripes all the way down the hull.



Command tank. Still needs crew. I'll probably do a big batch of those later. This particular model was heavily damaged. Some of that snow on the tracks is actually large globs of glue or epoxy painted white.



Send tank. Snow on the treads came out looking really good on this one!



3rd Tank.




4th Tank. I used more of a sponge chip on this one, but thought it looked a little too much. The other three were done with very careful dry-brushing.

Details of tracks with snow.


One hull had a big chunk missing from a corner.


This one was also in bad shape before I cleaned it up.
I'm very pleased with how the snow came out on these. I'll write up a tutorial when I do the next batch of Finnish tanks - probably T-26s.

No comments:

Post a Comment