Friday, August 31, 2018

Star Wars Legion: T-47 Airspeeder

This one took about a month+ of work off and on, but it's finally complete!

I went with a slightly different marking patter from the one seen in Empire.  The main difference is the extra bit at the "wing tips" and stripes on the end of the guns. 

I used a filter for the first time on this model.  It gave the color a more dirty brownish tint.  Overall,I think I'll use filters in the future on larger miniatures, but still not of Flames of War (1/100 scale).

Originally, I was planning on shading the canopy with my airbrush.  I made the mistake of leaving them as the last thing to do.  Masking it off proved to be too difficult.  If I were doing it again, I'd paint the canopy first, mask off the window panes and finish the rest of the model. For this one, I ended up painting them by hand.

The decals I looted from a Bandai 1/48 scale kit.  The Bandai kit comes with a set of water slide decals and also a set of stickers.  I've stashed it away for when the kids get older.



Magnitized weapon options, thought I think most of the time I'll run it without a secondary weapon.

The underside (which nobody will ever see) really shows off the streaking effect that can be achieved with the filter and wash.

Details of the base.  I cut the fire arc lines into the sides and painted them different colors.  Hopefully, they are still usable this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment